Welcome to DIY Fridays. Let’s make some DIY linen spray!… I’ve been doing some experimenting with essential oils, sampling scents to find ones that appeal to me, and observing how they effect my state of mind. One of my favorite wintry scents is pine, with its clean, fresh, woodsy smell and invigorating characteristics. I’ve created a recipe for linen spray infused with pine oil (you can use any essential oil that you like), which I lightly spray on linens and on my clothes before ironing. It’s very energizing!…
- Combine 1 3/4 cups of water, 2 TBS of rubbing alcohol or vodka, and 1/2 tsp of your favorite essential oil.
- Fill atomizer with solution and store the remaining liquid in a labeled, airtight container.
- To make a label, I simply punched a circle from brown craft paper, wrote on it with a fine-tipped pen, and adhered it to the atomizer with a light coating of all-purpose glue. I’ve also seen some adorable labels for sale on, yup, you guessed it, Etsy! If you are giving the spray as a gift, you can dress up the bottle with some greenery tucked into a twine bow.
Directions for use: Lightly mist onto clothing before ironing or spray lightly onto sheets and pillows. For fine and delicate fabrics, test a small patch first.
Other essential oils to try:
- relaxing: lavender, chamomile, clary sage, tangerine
- invigorating: peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, wintergreen, grapefruit, lemon, basil, cedar, cinnamon bark, ginger, rose
En-JOY! XO Lovelies!
Other DIY projects you may enjoy: